2016 Global NGO Online Technology Survey
More than 4,500 nonprofits, charities, and NGOs worldwide have participated in the 2016 Global NGO Online Technology Survey:
The early results are quite interesting. Here’s a sneak peek at a very small sampling of the data:
- 78% responded that their organization has a mobile-compatible website.
- 15% regularly send texts to donors and supporters.
- 83% responded that email is the most effective online fundraising tool.
- 17% responded that their organization has hosted or participated in a Tweet Chat.
- 16% responded that they have active presence on WhatsApp. 4% are active on Snapchat.
- 33% responded that their organization pays for advertising on social networks.
- 52% responded that they use social media to report live from events, primarily Facebook Live and Twitter/Periscope.
- 79% of nonprofits, charities, and NGOs agree that social media is effective for creating social change.
4,500 respondents is an excellent collection of data, but the participation of 2,000 more nonprofits, charities, and NGOs would have a significant impact. The more participants we have, the better the data!
If you haven’t already participated, please complete the survey before November 1:
All survey data will be released on January 30, 2017 in the second annual edition of the Global NGO Online Technology Report + Infographic.