Transport Van Fund

We urgently need your help!

Will 4 wheels save lives?  In our world it will and YOU CAN HELP!!  At long last, we are very close to being able to purchase a large van which is specifically designed to help us safely transport our pets to rescues in New England.  Currently we are renting cargo vans but it's costly and not sustainable. We have 90% of the cost of this vehicle covered and ONLY need 10% more or $6500!  Will you give to help us save lives!  We sure hope so! 

Read more…
  • Raised: $3,650
  • Goal: $6,500
56%


Campaign Details

We are in the process of purchasing a transport van to safely send our pets to rescues and need YOUR HELP!

Will 4 wheels save lives.  We say "YES" and here's why!! 

Over the last several years, we have been getting pets out on transport from SC and into rescues in New England via a very piece meal process.  

Long term, this process is no longer sustainable as we pay for rental vans, tolls, gas, hotel bills and driver fees for 3 vans to safely deliver our pets to rescues.   This van is critical in lowering our costs and allowing us to continue to help the homeless pets in our county.

The new transport van is specifically designed to safely transport humans (and also pets!!), so the air flow design inside will ensure that everyone is cool on super hot summer days and then warm on chilly winter days. This one transport van will accommodate pets who would otherwise take upwards of 3 vans to transport. The current vans we use are cargo vans and are NOT designed to transport humans (and likewise pets) but we have been making do to make sure everyone is comfortable relative to inside air flow and air temps.

We NEED however to do better for our pets and need to cut down on our transport costs. This new van is the solution to both needs.

Already we have 90% of funds needed to purchase this life saving van but need YOUR HELP to cover the other 10% needed OR $6500.  Think you can help?  Our pets are counting on loading up on this van to leave our kill shelter and get that second chance in rescue groups in New England.   Your gift will directly save lives in Darlington County  SC.  Please, let's hear from you today! 

Ps.  To learn more about us,  Kindly go to www.helpdarlingtonpets.com or join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/darlingtoncountyhs.rescue/

About the organization

Darlington County Humane Society- Rescue
UNITED STATES

Email


Updates

  • Update

    Good Afternoon Everyone. 

    We could not be more excited to announce that we have the funds we need to finally purchase our new transport van.  THANK YOU!! 

    While our goal has not been met in our GivingGrid, the good news is that we had several folks mail checks which allowed us to reach our target.  As I type,  our van is in production queue.  For our pets,  this means that they will have a more comfortable, enhanced ride up I-95 and to their new lives.   For our rescue team,  it means we will be able to reign in the costs for transport that were slowly causing us to go into debt. Having one designated van to transport our pets, one driver, one set of tolls, one hotel room and one large gas tank to fill, is the only way we could move forward and continue to help our pets. 

    December is the target delivery date for our new van. Rest assured that once the new van arrives, there will be much fan fare and an update to you, our supporters, to share in the excitement of our lifesaving purchase. 

    Thank you again for all of your support.  This new van has been a dream of ours for many, many years and it's amazing to think we are just a couple of months away from taking delivery on it!! 

    Darlington County Humane Society- Rescue

Share your thoughts

Sharing is Caring

Share on Facebook