Hit a Hole-in-One for Mentoring
Our Goal$0 Raised (0%)
Please pick an available square with a dollar amount from $1 to $200 to donate.
Please pick your very own square with a dollar amount to donate!
If you're in a hurry, just click the amount below you'd like to donate and we'll find you the best available square.
Searching for the best square...
We're one community - fill the GivingGrid and defend potential!
*Donated more than the face value.
Share your thoughts
Here is some information about who BBBS Upstate serves and the impact mentoring has:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters is the oldest mentoring organization in the United States
- BBBS Upstate serves 250 to 300 children annually ranging in age from 6 to 18 in six Upstate counties
- About 76% of the children BBBS Upstate serves live below the federal poverty level
- About 90% of the children BBBS Upstate serves receive free or reduced school lunches
- About 83% of the children BBBS Upstate serves live with a single mother
- It costs $1,500 to create and support a mentoring relationship for one child
- With a mentor, children are 52% less likely to skip school
- With a mentor, children are 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs and 27% less likely to begin drinking alcohol
- With a mentor, children are 33% less likely to hit someone
- With a mentor, youth are 55% more likely to attend college
- There are hundreds of children on the waiting list in need of a mentor
All funds donated go directly to developing meaningful one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of at-risk children and youth in our community. Would you please be a part of defending the potential of all youth through the GivingGrid? Also, share this GivingGrid with everyone you know - it takes a community to make a difference!
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Upstate
About the Organization
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Upstate creates and supports meaningful one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth are able to reach their full potential. Big Brothers Big Sisters is the oldest mentoring organization in the country and has evidence-based results.
620 N MAIN ST SUITE 102
GREENVILLE, SC 29601-1648